APRIL 24TH - 15:00-17:00
At Open Mic Night, 10 speakers are invited on stage to share their ideas with a live audience. From a heap of applications, 8 people have qualified. An additional two speakers will be selected on the 24th following a live pitching round.
Speakers selected to perform at our informal Open Mic may be considered for future TEDxTrondheim events.
Open Mic Night event is for free. There are limited seats available. Make sure to get your tickets.
[ Sold Out ]
* March 1st - March 28th: Application period
* March 31st: Selected speakers announced
* April 10th: Meeting with selected speakers for mingling
* May 1st: Feedback from speeches sent by email
* Time limit: Speakers are given 3-5 minutes to pitch their idea
* No slides allowed
* Presentations can be held in English or Norwegian
1) No commercial agenda
2) Avoid pseudoscience
3) No inflammatory political or religious agenda.
These will be communicated in more details during the pre meet-up with the speakers
What is TED and TEDxTrondheim?
TED is a nonprofit devoted to “Ideas worth spreading”. It organizes high profile conferences that bring together some of the world’s greatest thinkers and doers to give the talk of their lives in 18 minutes or less. These talks are then posted on TED.com, where they reach an audience of millions around the world.
TEDxTrondheim creates certified and independently organized TED events to spread great ideas and build a community of curious minds in Trondheim. We highlight forward-thinking ideas that attract Trondheim’s most open-minded professionals and students across all fields.
Once a year we organise a full-day conference featuring a specific topic and offering live talks, performances and network opportunities.
We host several Salon Events throughout each year. Every event has its unique topic and tailored content or TED videos and live speakers as well as opportunities to connect with other TED community members.
Occasionally, instead of Salon events, we host livestream events where we show one or more sessions (in real-time) from major TED conferences such as TED, TEDGlobal and TEDWomen.
JAN KRISTIAN HAGEN
HEIDI MARIA KARLSSON
Chief Financial Officer
TED 2016: DREAM
17th of February 2016 at Work-Work
15th of November 2015 at Byscenen
SMALL STEPS, GIANT LEAPS
31st of May 2015 at Byscenen
24th of October 2014 at Byscenen
TED GLOBAL 2014: SOUTH!
8th of October 2014
CAUGHT RED HANDED
September 19th 2014 at Byscenen
MATTERS OF THE MIND
April 29-30th 2014 at Byscenen
TED GLOBAL 2014: SOUTH!
19th of March 2014
LANGUAGE OF SOUND
11th of March 2014 at Byscenen
FUELLED & FIT
4th of February 2014 at Byscenen
BACK TO BASICS
28-29th of September 2013 at Byscenen
TED GLOBAL 2013: THINK AGAIN
12th of June 2013
LOVE AND THE MAKING THEREOF...
21st of May 2013
23rd of April 2013
SOFTWARE EATS THE WORLD
19th of March 2013
TED 2013 SIMULCAST
27th of February 2013
THE FUTURE OF WORK
29th of January 2013
1st of November 2012
TED GLOBAL 2012: RADICAL OPENNESS
27th of June 2012
22nd of May 2012
MAKING AN IMPACT
24th of April 2012
EMPATHY WITHOUT BORDERS
27th of March 2012
TED 2012: FULL SPECTRUM
29th of February 2012
31st of January 2012
2nd of December 2011
INNOVATION IN EDUCATION
2nd of November 2011
We are seeking key people that are committed to help with event organization. We welcome enthusiastic people in all sorts of roles, ranging from greeters and ushers to rigging crew. Let your expressive side flourish in the Creative Team of photographers, graphical designers and video producers of TEDxTrondheim. Join the Program Team to help find candidates to present talks and work alongside them to prepare the presentation. We are also accepting new team members in our Marketing division, Technical/web division and our Parthership team.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for someone who:
• Works with communication and has preferably a bachelor or master’s in a relevant subject
• Has very good knowledge of Norwegian and English
• Has some experience with setting up a communication strategy and communication plan
• Prepares fact sheets, news releases, messaging documents
• Function as public relations liaison with media, and assist with PR activities
• Can commit to dedicating time until at least June 2017
• Can take responsibility for carrying out a communication plan
• Is extroverted
• Has good writing and speaking skills
• Has a passion for TED and TEDx
What we can offer:
• Volunteer work in a diverse and dynamic TEDx team
• Possibility to practise and further develop your communication skills
• Guidance and support from senior communicators
Interested? Then send us a mail to email@example.com
We are looking forward to hear from you!
Do you have any questions about the event, wish to contribute or need some information, please send and e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.